High Desert Fly-In
September 21, 2019 @ 1:00 am – 5:00 am
2019 High Desert Fly-In ■ Saturday, September 21 ■ 8 am to 12 noon ■ FREE
Become a Fly-In Angel in 2019!
In partnership with Winslow Animal Control, the High Desert Fly-In invites attendees to become Fly-In Angels by donating dog food, treats, and toys! Simply bring your donation to the Fly-In that day, or donate cash that will buy needed shelter supplies. Angels receive a WAC Adoption Coupon and a photo at the Standin’ on the Corner Park!
- Free Admission!
- Parking: Free; Winslow Senior Center shuttle from the parking along Airport Road to the historic hangar
- Restrooms: Portable restrooms on-site
- More information for pilots here
- Pancake Breakfast: $6/person, hosted from 8 to 10 am by the Winslow Rotary Club
- HDFI Polo Shirts: Heather grey with embroidered logo: $20
- E & O Kitchen will open early at 10 am on its tarmac patio
On the Tarmac
- Automobiles: Show-and-Shine hosted by the Just Cruis’n Car Club with vintage automobiles
- EAA’s Young Eagles Flights: Complimentary plane rides to introduce young people 8 to 17 years old to aviation; First-Come/First-Served from 8 to 11 am; Parental waiver required
- General Aviation, Special-Use, and Historical Aircraft, including:
- Guardian Air medical transport aircraft
In the Hangar
Flying Fun Kids Area, including:
- Hands-On Activities provided by the Winslow Public Library (aircraft coloring sheets, paper airplane folding, foam airplane construction kits, “airplane cockpit” photo op)
- An interactive World Travel Map where kids of all ages can pin their favorite travel destinations
Flying Through History Area, including:
- The Old Trails Museum’s exhibit Flying through History: The Winslow-Lindbergh Regional Airport
- The Swamp Ghost and World War II exhibit
- Historian Erik Berg talks about his writings and display of artifacts on aviation in the Southwest.
- The Western NM Aviation Heritage Museum in Grants, NM, talks about early aviation in the Southwest.
High Desert Silent Auction:
- Items donated by local individuals and businesses
- Buy-It-Now option available